Millersville is a hidden gem in Indianapolis. Located in the heart of the Fall Creek valley, it has surprising natural beauty. We’re dedicated to enhancing and extending that beauty throughout the Village so we’ll always feel proud to call this place home.
- Village Gateway Gardens – We converted enormous, ugly, asphalt-covered street medians into stunning gardens at two key intersections.
- Millersville at Fall Creek Preserve – We transformed a one-acre eyesore along Fall Creek into a picturesque park.
- A Fighting Litter campaign and focused initiative
- Invasive bush honeysuckle removal along the Fall Creek Greenway from 56th Street to Emerson Way and other high-priority spots
- Village landscaping – We planted 35 new trees, plus shrubs and flowers.
- Landscape maintenance, including park and gardens fix-up events, seasonal planting, brush trimming along the trail for biker and walker safety, and other ongoing trimming, watering, weeding, mulching and more
- Graffiti cleanup and cover-up
- Reporting of damaged signs and fencing, downed trees, etc.
- Millersville Fall Creek Overlook (in progress, across the Parkway behind Walmart) – We have cleared and leveled a small jungle and are creating a 70 x 35-foot scenic overlook on the creek, next to the trail, including stone benches, new grass, native wildflowers and, coming soon… educational signage.
- Fall Creek fishing pier renovation – Can we bring a beautiful, old wooden fishing pier on Fall Creek back to life?